Saturday, July 14, 2007

Hiking L'Argentine

Today Tom went hiking in the Alps with a guy he met at church. He's really been wanting to do some intense hiking, so I was more than happy for him to go with someone else! They hiked about 10 miles and came home sore but happy. They ended their hike by wading and dunking their heads in an cold glacial river. Tom said their feet got numb after just ten minutes.


I spent the day tending our little garden on the porch and enjoying the sunshine. It has been cold, rainy and windy here for the past few weeks. Since Thursday, the sun has been out and temperatures have gotten into the 80's. I've been soaking up the heat as much as possible in preparation for the winter!















The views here are just incredible ... I still can't believe that we live here!

I thought the flowers were really pretty - Tom says the picture doesn't do justice to how blue they were.

After his hike, Tom and I went downtown with Dan and his wife, Rosalie to enjoy the Jazz Festival. Even in a small town like this, they have a two-week long music festival. It was neat. We listened to some music, got some food from the street vendors and finished off with an ice cream cone. I'm not quite sure why it is caled a jazz festival though, the music we heard was not jazz, but fun to listen to all the same.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

The festival sounds like fun as does the hiking! I would like to hike some when I come visit someday. Very pretty pics!

Cristina said...

I like the blue flowers too!