Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Andrea Was Here

My sister, Andrea, is majoring in Spanish and as part of her education studied abroad in Spain spring semester of this year. That meant I had a family member living in the same time zone as me for 4 months! After her program, she stopped over in Switzerland to visit with me for two weeks - fun! We enjoyed shopping, drinking coffee and trying out various Swiss pasteries together :) We also made a trip to Geneva - somewhere I hadn't been - and to Bern. Geneva was a neat city - tons of history! More museums and things to see than there will ever be time for. It was also home to John Calvin for some time and witness to his protestant teachings. So there is a lot of religious history their as well of which we barely scratched the surface! Above, Andrea is atop the (Catholic) cathedral looking out onto the city. A Protestant church is right next door and still holds weekly services in English.


The well-known Geneva landmark - Jet d'Eau.

Reverting to our childhoods.

2 comments:

Cristina said...

I love the swinging picture! So fun!

Lisa said...

Wish I could have joined! I would have given you underdogs :)