Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Visit to Maryland (also belated)

Tom had a business trip to Maryland last September. Since he was there for 5 weeks, I went and joined him for 2. We have quite a few friends in the area, so it was good to see them and Margaret even flew up from Atlanta to hang out for a few days! Tom enjoyed the food - he ate countless burgers and steaks while there. But mostly it was nice to catch up with some friends we hadn't seen in awhile. We even got to attend Craig and Sarah's daughter's birthday party! We also got to see Thomas and Laura a few times, but alas, no pictures to prove it.

Margaret introduced me to picking crabs in Annapolis. It was really good, but it was also a lot of work. I think I picked 1.5 in the time it took her to do the rest of them. The crab cake we got there was also delicious - I could get used to the Maryland food!

Stephanie and Matt live in the DC area, so we got to see them a few times while we were in town. Margaret, Stephanie and I met up a few times as well - this picture was taken right before Margaret flew back to Atlanta.

1 comment:

Cristina said...

Okay, I feel a little silly asking, but what exactly is crab picking? Picking them out? Shelling them? Your crab picture, btw, looks like the front cover of a cooking magazine :) Cute!