Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Via Ferrata

A few weekends ago, Tom and some co-workers decided to climb the Moléson by way of the via ferrata. (You may remember that Tom took me and Ellie on this last year.) Anyway, I wasn't about to do it again, even had I not been pregnant, so Lu, her 3 kids and I took the cable car to the top and met the guys there for lunch. It was a great view from the top and there were even para-gliders preparing for take off so we got to watch a few of them walk off the mountain and take flight. Then after a lunch of rösti, we all hiked down the mountain together.

Via Ferrata means "iron way" in Latin, and you can see the metal ladder type rungs that the guys are climbing. You are attached to the mountain via a harness and a connecting strap to a metal bar next to you, but it's still a challenging and daunting climb (at least it was for me).

On the top after a successful climb (Dave, Olivier, Michaël and Tom)

Kacey was super-excited to see her Dad and ran out from the restaurant to meet him.

Later after hiking over to watch the para-gliders take of, Kacey took time to pick some flowers. This picture conveys her "joie de vivre" to me - I love it!

No comments: