Friday, March 12, 2010

Christmas at the Beach

After spending Christmas Day in Dothan, we drove the 10 hours (!) to Kiawah Island, SC to spend a few days with Tom's side of the family.  After living in Europe, driving 10 hours seemed like a ridiculously long way to me.  Here, driving the 1.5 hours to Zurich seems like major undertaking and driving to Italy, Germany or France seems almost undoable.  I was curious, so I looked up how far we could get from Fribourg with a 10 hour or less drive.  The answer: London, Amsterdam, Vienna, Prague, Zagreb, Rome, Barcelona - just to name a few!  Why don't we go to some of these places for a week long visit?  Anyway, the long drive wasn't bad (for me at least, I slept) and we stopped by to see my friend Danyel and her family in Albany on our way. 

Danyel and I have been friends since 10th grade...what year was that...1997?  My how time flies.  It was good to see her and catch up, even if it was quick.

Danyel's cuties - Zoey and Taelor.

Laura's first walk on the beach.

Smiling and happy after bath time.  Thanks to Tia Andrea for the cute ducky pjs :)

Tom and I went on a bike ride on the beach with Nancy (Tom's mom).  I had so much fun - maybe it was because it was the first really active thing I'd done in a long time (didn't do anything like riding a bike while pregnant) or if it was the perfect weather and scenery.  Anyway, it was a great outing.  I saw so many shells and starfish.  I kept stopping so I could look at everything. Next time I go to the beach in the winter, a bike ride on the beach will be a definite "to do."

We're riding off into the sunset - haha

The men spending some quality time together - waging war!


Cutie Pie

Paul, Kimberly and my nephew, Joseph!

Mother and daughter

1 comment:

Lisa said...

You look great is these pictures.

Laura looks like such a happy baby.