Monday, August 13, 2007

Garden/Closets/Cooking

I've really enjoyed our little balcony garden, small as it is. We're growing some herbs (thyme, green and purple basil, rosemary and parsley), a cherry tomato plant, a pepper plant and cat grass. It's fun to use homegrown spices in our food and Maggie loves the cat grass!


One thing that is different over here is the lack of closets. So, when we moved here, we had no where to hang our clothes (or store random stuff). We looked around and finally decided to get our wardrobes at Ikea. Here's a picture of what they look like - a little different from what we're used to!


On the suggestion of a Swiss woman, I subscribed to a cooking magazine over here called Betty Bossi. I tried one of the recipes this weekend. It took awhile to translate it, but it seemed to turn out pretty well. It didn't look quite like the picture (when does it ever!) but tasted quite good! It's fun to try Swiss recipes and nice to have the ingredients given in metric quantities.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Nice cake! Looks a lot like the magazine- just with worse posture ;)

Stephanie said...

yay for Ikea and cake. It looks yummy.

Cristina said...

Haha :) I love the cake picture - it looks great. Maybe you and I should start a dessert blog - we can put my blueberry pie and this cake on it to start ;) I'm sure we have several pictures of our cheesecakes that could go on there too. Is this a rasberry cake? Those wardrobes look awesome - I don't have much closet space in my new place either... we are glad that your living room tables have cabinet space just to store some extra stuff. I'll be posting some pics once I'm back in Athens with my camera cord... miss you a lot! Love, stina