Friday, January 25, 2008

Festival International de Ballons

Last weekend, Tom and I headed to Chateau D'Oex for an international hot-air balloon Festival. I have never seen so many hot-air balloons in all my life! We were there for 3 or 4 hours and balloons took off constantly. There were all sorts - mintaure, radio-controlled ones, one that took a man in a glider up to be dropped, and then all sorts of shapes. We saw a birthday cake, a big horse, a turtle, an astronaut, a Scottish bagpiper and lots of others. The day was beautiful and the sky was so pretty filled with graceful, colorful balloons.

Slightly blurry, but a good picture of the sky full of balloons!

Scottish Man and the silver one is the balloon that made the first non-stop flight around the world!

Tom liked the giant turtle that looked like it was trying to grab me.

A picture of the field where they got the balloons ready to go. It took quite awhile to get them off the ground! You can see the minature balloons in the middle in front and to the right of the red face.

1 comment:

Cristina said...

SO COOL! Is that Scottish Bagpiper like 10 times the size of every other balloon? It looks HUGE!!!!! I have never seen non-traditional shaped hot air balloons! I don't know what I'd do if I saw that Scottish Bagpiper flying over my back yard...