Thursday, January 24, 2008

Week 1 in the States

We spent our first (of three) week in the states shopping, eating, visiting with friends & family and speaking English to anyone we ran across. We'd been saving our clothing shopping for our trip home since it's cheaper and more familiar. It was easier to do in the states, but it also meant that we were running all over Kennesaw trying to get things done. We did manage to squeeze in a few trips to Starbucks as well as some burger joints for good, American hamburgers - it was nice to have things that felt like home.

Since I haven't found cheap sunglasses (meaning less than 50 bucks) here, one of my first stops was to Target to get a $10 pair. As I was trying pairs on, Cristina and I got a little silly :) Like our look?

The Holsts (and Luke) in front of the Christmas tree. Yes, Ellie - at 12 - is now taller than me.

Just for fun :)

1 comment:

Cristina said...

Hahaha fun. Tell me the truth now, are those glasses too big for my face? :)