Saturday, September 19, 2009

US Visit

Tom and I had a busy two and a half weeks in the States. He went to DC to visit some friends one weekend and then to Wisconsin for a wedding the next. I went to Dothan to visit with my family and then hung out with the girls the next weekend in Atl. As usual, it was great to be home and see friends and family (and speak English to everyone we saw!). Here are some highlights from the trip.

My favorite picture from the trip - me and baby girl with my sisters :)

A family photo after church.

My mom, sisters and I did a good bit of baby shopping while I was there. We scoured Goodwill, garages sales and 2nd hand baby stores. It was a lot of fun and we found some good stuff! I washed all the baby clothes before packing them up. They looked so adorable (and pink!) on the line that I just had to take a picture.

As per tradition, Tom and Craig dumped Matt in the river the night before the wedding. Matt got his revenge, though and pulled them in after him. Tom hadn't packed with that in mind and had to get another shirt to wear at Walmart the next day :)

The only picture I have of Tom looking all snazzy for the wedding - don't he and Craig look nice!

Remember the swan?? It has now been a part of 5 weddings - one in Alabama, one in Kansas, two in Georgia and now one in Wisconsin. Fortunately, Tom managed to stuff the thing into his suitcase and didn't have to carry it onto the airplane!

Matt with his bride, Katie.

The wedding party spent some time after the wedding just hanging out. Here's Karl flying a kite during some of their free time.

While Tom was at the wedding, I got to spend some time with Cristina and Ashley. It was great to see each other and talk each others ears off!

Since Tom didn't see my family in Dothan, we met my sisters for coffee one evening before we left. I'm glad he likes his sister-in-laws!

Tom's dad is building an airplane in his basement (and it should be done soon!). Cristina came over one day and was very excited to be able to sit in it and work some of the controls.

Cristina concentrating and me with my belly. The plane does have wings - they just aren't attached for some reason (I know there is one, just don't know what it is) at this point in time.

Ellie is doing marching band for the first time this year and we were able to attend her first game. She is the 2nd person back closest to us. Her school even won - Go North Cobb!

She's somewhere over on the left.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Nice pictures!!!! I need to send you some of our silly pics from Starbucks to add to it ;)