Monday, September 14, 2009

Update on Baby Girl :)

It's hard to believe that time goes by so quickly! Little girl will be here in less than 2 months now!! We had our last ultrasound 2 weeks ago and everything is looking good. She was about 3 pounds and moving around like crazy. I feel her moving all the time now and she frequently has the hiccups :) It still amazes me that there is something alive and moving in my stomach.

We've been busy getting ready for our little one to arrive. I enjoyed doing some shopping for her while we were in the US. There are way too many cute baby girl clothes in the world! I could have spent endless amounts of money on adorable clothes that would probably only last a month or two! As far as things here, the former guest room (now the guest/baby room) is painted and has furniture back in it. We just have to buy a mattress for the crib, buy a pad for the changing table, and put away the pile of things that we have accumulated and the room will be ready. The dresser drawers are stocked with clothes and the changing table is replete with diapers and wipes - ready for little one's arrival. Thank you thank you to everyone who has already given/loaned us things. It has been a HUGE help!

This past weekend, Tom and I traveled to Zurich to attend a birthing class in English. It was very helpful and really nice to meet some other couples in situations similar to ours. We also could understand everything and were able to easily ask any question that popped into our heads. It was also fun to take a short trip to Zurich and do a little exploring there.

So that's where we are at the moment. We're looking forward to welcoming her into the world and introducing her to you all! Enjoy the picts below and hopefully I'll get some of her room posted soon as well.

Ultrasound picture from June 15

Ultrasound picture from September 2
(the thing next to her nose is the umbilical cord)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Thanks for the update. I'll pray that you have a safe and easy delivery.

Lisa said...

Awww... Yay!!! Its so exciting. I'm excited to see the room soon. You should post a picture of you too!

Roshonda Coleman said...

Katie!!! You were in Georgia and I missed you again. Gee weez. At least you post your updates here and I'm able to keep up.

It's light up time here so you know I'm a little....Alice is pregnant also.