Sunday, October 18, 2009

Baby Shower


My American friends are great and decided to throw me a baby shower last weekend. We had a great time. I invited some of my European (and one South African) friends, and for most of them it was their first baby shower ever. It was fun introducing an American tradition to them. We enjoyed ourselves by playing a few games, eating delicious food and just talking. Here are some picture highlights.

The delicious array of goodies.

Marti is loaning us her infant car seat. Her husband installed it in the car for us and wow. Either our car is really small, the seat is really big, or a combination of the two... It is in the middle and takes up a good portion of the back seat and starts to encroach on the front as well! Tom as to fight a little bit with it to get his seat back far enough so he can drive. I still have faith that our little Nissan Micra can meet our needs, but it may be tight at times! If we put the stroller in the trunk, baby girl in the middle, her diaper bag next to her and us in front, that's basically the whole car! We will just have to see how things go!

We played a game where the ladies had to cut off a piece of string in a length they thought would fit around my waist. A few were really close and then some were twice my size! I was very glad not to have as big of belly as some of them estimated :)

In other news, it was sleeting/hailing last night!! We had to scrape our car in order to drive home. The mountains are now covered with snow and the temperature has been hovering around freezing. I'm hoping that this is just a little fluke and we have at least a little more fall weather heading our way before the long winter sets in. I enjoy winter and snow, but mid-October seems a bit early!

1 comment:

Pottery by Lisa said...

Your preggers clothes are so cute on you!! Wish I could have come to the shower!