Friday, October 30, 2009

Birthday Girls!

Well, today was a day that we will not soon forget in the Holst household.  Today we had the privilege of bringing Laura Madeleine Holst into the world.



It gives a new significance to the term "birthday" as it is not only Laura's birthday, but it's also Katie's birthday!  Today Katie is 28 years old.  And just after midnight, her water broke and we rushed to the hospital to deliver Laura at 6:20 am here in Switzerland.  She was born at 6 lbs 11 oz. and 18.5 inches long.  Both mother and daughter are in excellent shape and are recovering surprisingly quickly from the delivery.
But anyway, I know what you really want to see are the pictures, and as we are all exhausted here, I'm going to save the full update for later and just post the highest priority items:



Katie and Laura...happy as can be


Our first family photo!



Tom's mom and grandmother arrived from the States about 3 hours after the birth--here's a photo of 4 generations of women in the family!


Laura and Great-grandmother


Laura and Grandmother






That's all for now; I'm about to collapse from lack of sleep!  Stay tuned for a continuous stream of updates and a full run-down of her entry into the world...coming soon.





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Congratulations you two! Laura is beautiful! I can't wait to meet her. :) Katie, I'll never forget what a cute baby you were!!! Welcome to the wonderful world of parenting. This little girl will teach you more than any experience in your life ever has. Praise God for his blessings!!!!!!!!!!! love, Amy and family.

Pottery by Lisa said...

How precious! I love all the pictures. And wow, it looks like she has lots of hair! What color is it? I wish I could be there, but I will have to live vicariously through Mom and Dad for now. Hope you are getting some rest and enjoying Mimu and Nancy. And thanks to Tom for updating :).

Much love, Lisa

Lisa said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! She is beautiful! I'm so happy for you. How fun that you have the same birthday! I pray you get lots of rest and that the transition goes well.

leah said...

Congratulations! and Happy Birthday!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations! What a blessing! She is adorable, and does have a lot of hair! :)

I am so thrilled for you and Tom. I can't wait to meet her. Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to two beautiful gals!

Jared Norton said...

Congratulations Katie and Tom...and Laura! How exciting! I see she'll be rooting for the Jackets. Hope to meet her one day soon. Enjoy being parents :)

Margaret Phillips said...

Congratulations on the birth of this beautiful baby. She is beautiful and I think her name is too. Keep an eye on Mimu for I know she is on cloud nine. She is my dear friend, and I'm so happy for her.It will be hard to keep her feet on the ground when she returns home.God is so good. Love, Margaret