Monday, October 26, 2009

October Doings - Still Waiting!

This October has been an interesting month - we've kinda just been waiting around for Baby Girl to make her appearance, so it feels a bit like we've been living in limbo for the last few weeks. We're ready to meet her, though! Can't believe that the due date is only a week away :)

We started off the month by going to the hospital to turn baby girl around. She had been breech for awhile and it was making me nervous. We didn't want to try a normal birth if she was breech when I went into labor and I would prefer to avoid a c-section if possible, so an ECV (where the doctor turns the baby around by pushing on the belly) seemed like a good option. Things went great and everything worked perfectly. Thanks, God! The actual procedure only took 2 minutes and didn't really hurt at all - just a little bit of firm pressure. I couldn't believe it when the doctor said he was finished! We were in the hospital for a total of 5 hours for monitoring the baby before the procedure and after, but all in all it wasn't a bad experience at all. Now Baby Girl is head down and ready to be born!

We were invited to a wedding for a couple at the church, and this is where the wedding was held - just beautiful!

It was a slightly rainy day, but we did get a rainbow out of it :)

In our wedding attire with a pretty rainbow, beautiful countryside and some cows in the background.

Us in a few years? In case you can't tell, Tom is under Kacey and Cambelle while Will, Baby Girl and I look on.


Sorting out gifts after my shower - thanks everyone!  Can you find both Maggie and Cloé?  They enjoyed playing with the tissue paper.  And see the pink bag on the left?  My bags are packed and I'm ready to go...


Maggie hasn't been able to get enough of me the last few weeks - she comes and sits with me wherever I happen to be.


We thought this one was funny - big pillow for Maggie!  Wonder if little girl will "know" the cats at all.  She has to have heard them purring since they do it right next to my stomach at times.


Cloé enjoying one of the new baby things - she acts like she owns the place!  In the background you can see the crib and stroller.

No comments: