Thursday, September 22, 2011

1er Août

For the Swiss national day we decided to do a mountain brunch again. We hiked in, ate at a mountain farm and then hiked back to the car.  We did it this year with 7 children!

 We walked through a lot of cow pastures on our way to the farm.  Laura loved this part.  This cow actually licked Tom's hand which she thought was great.

Part of our gang.  The farm we are heading to is at the top of the white road you see in the distance. 

The terrain was fairly uneven and at times a little tricky to navigate.  I had been very careful to step around cow piles and puddles and over the big rents in the ground that the cows cause.  I came down this path after hearing someone say that the dirt was firm.  I misunderstood or he misspoke because the dirt (and other stuff) was NOT firm.  I planted my right foot in nice squishy place where I sank to the top of my shoe before  managing to pull it out.  Lovely!  I think the cow is laughing at me. 

 At the top!

She was supposed to be sleeping...

All in all it was a fun day, though quite tiring.  Laura loved it and did great despite a missed nap.  Maybe we'll do it again next year with baby brother in tow!

No comments: