Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Espana!

Last week, I went to Spain to meet up with my sister, Lisa. She was traveling with 7 others along the coast of Spain with the final goal of dropping two girls off in Murcia for a one month study abroad program. I met up with them in Malaga. The scenery was so different than Switzerland! It was hot there desert-like in the landscape. We enjoyed walking along the beach and sticking our feet in the Mediterranean Sea. The place we stayed near Malaga was beautiful! It had avocado, fig and lime trees growing in the yard and tons of flowers. It was also an adventure to travel in a large, nine-passenger van for streets meant for much smaller vehicles!

I'm back in lush, green Switzerland now and Tom's family just flew in yesterday. We're going to Stuttgart on Thursday to see where they lived for 1.5 years. Other than that we may explore Fribourg, or visit the Nestle chocolate factory, but we're not sure.


The Spanish coast - you can tell that the mountains aren't very far away!


Me and my sister in front of the cool house where we all stayed. It slept 9, had an outdoor grill (which we used), a small pool, and even a washing machine. We ate all our meals outside on the porch you see behind us.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I vote for the Nestle factory...mmm...chocolate. ;-) Although, I suppose there is much better chocolate than Nestle where you are.

Anonymous said...

I see you are having a great time. I miss you.

Cristina said...

Glad you had a good time in Spain :) That house looks beautiful! Have a great visit with Tom's family!

Lisa said...

Your ocean picture is so pretty. I would love to see the rest of your pictures!