Saturday, June 30, 2007

We Bought a Car!

We are now the proud owners of a Nissan Micra. It's similar to the other picture posted, but is red and a slightly different model. It comes with winter wheels and tires (people really switch out their tires every winter over here) and a rack for the top in case we ever need to carry skis. We can't actually pick it up until we get the license plates, but we should have it sometime next week. I'll post a picture of it then. It's a lot smaller than my good ole Ford Taurus, but it will get us where we want to go. It's a 1.3L (I think) engine, so smaller in power as well. However, it gets excellent gas millage which is a big plus in $5-$6 a gallon gas!

I've also been practicing my manual driving and have done ok. I haven't hit anything, but I still need more practice before I go solo!

And just for fun, here's a picture of Maggie and our porch furniture. The furnitures is one of our Swiss purchases and has been very well used. Maggie probably uses it the most of anyone as the sunny porch is her favorite place.


2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hey! So glad you got a car, one more hard thing out of the way. I like your patio furniture. Its nice.

I started a blog- its gonna be mostly about my pottery. Anyway, its averly.blogspot.com. But the last entry is sad because it didnt work out. You can read it. Ill update it later.

Miss you!!! Have a great week!

Lisa said...

I really like your porch furniture. What a cozy, beautiful spot!

Congratulations on the car, too.