Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Stuttgart, Germany

Tom was off this past Thursday and Friday, so we all ventured to Stuttgart, where his family lived for 19 months. It was a good trip. My favorite part was picking cherries along a tree-lined walking path. We probably picked 2-3 pounds and our hands were quite red afterwards! We ate quite a few fresh and then brought the rest home to make a cherry pie - it was good! This is us picking, and it was a good thing we had some tall people with us!


On our way home we stopped in Luzern to have lunch. It was a pretty little town on a lake. Since we were a little late for a traditional lunch, we just got sandwiches and pastries at a bakery and sat by the lake. I got a tuna sandwich with the bread shaped like a fish :) The entire drive home was really pretty. We saw snow-capped mountains, beautiful valleys, blue-green glacier lakes and waterfalls. G0d certainly has made a beautiful world!
We also drove by the car Tom wants to buy - see what you think...

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Fresh-picked cherries...how cool!

Boy has Tom's sister grown-up! I haven't seen a picture of her in quite awhile.

That car looks really small to me. :-)

Cristina said...

I like the car! It's cute and small, as a Swiss car should be, but has 4 doors and an easily accessible back seat for visitors from America :) Though I'm not sure if my snowboard will fit in that car... do they come with a rack on the top? ;) You can tell Tom I think the car looks manly instead of cute ;) Do you like it?

Stephanie said...

i like the car too - it's not tooo small. :)

my memories of germany included blackberry picking (first time i had fresh blackberries!)... but i've never been cherry picking before.

p.s. maybe the car makes you look taller too, like that other castle?

Lisa said...

Thats a cute little car! I say go for it. I finally found your blog, I really like it. :) me and Andrea and in Dothan.